Friday, December 29, 2006

Friends

To make an aquaintance is so easy. To be a friend takes more time and effort. To be a TRUE friend, you have to know the person's basic personality or core foundation of what makes a person's character.

There are times when you want to hold that person so much, yet its only a moment of passion that makes you do so. There are times when you really want to go up to to that special someone and say, "I have feelings for you." But the two of you may not be prepared for it.

When you like someone, do you go up to that person and say, "Oei, pak tor ai mai?". Or do you wait and get to know that person more and see for yourself what that person is like and whether that person is suitable for you or not? When you finally get to know someone, only then it is too late to realise you could have made the wrong move in the first place.

Time and again, you will keep wondering what makes you so attracted to that person. Many of you may say, "Is there a reason to love?". True, not all the times we can find a reason for that, but have you actually thought what that person has that makes you so "head and heels" over that person? Could it be that person has a funny personality? Or does that person has a nice heart and caring towards others that makes your heart warm as well? Perhaps even that person has a direct, or blunt, approach to life that you wish you too could have that approach. Think about what makes you so attracted to this person.

There are cases when the time spent with a person is nothing compared to the QUALITY time spent with another person. I known a friend for many years, but due to a misunderstanding started indirectly by me, he said, "Can dun be frens wif me de...". I was shocked and heartbroken by HOW a person can say even the nastiest things in a fit of the moment. There are people I have known for a short time but we feel like close kins and even share many intimate things.

I do have regrets in life, but I can look at those regrets and smile, knowing I have learnt something from it and reinforcing me in a sense that the next time I make a decision, I will make sure I choose the one I want and have no regrets whatsoever.

You choose the type of company you want, you decide whether is it worth keeping going into it or ending it. No one can seduce your decision otherwise and no matter how good other people's words are to you, in the end you make the choice because it is your life.

No comments: